CBD oil has gained a lot of popularity in recent years. People have claimed that it has a number of benefits that it can provide without causing any intoxication.
This article will briefly touch on what CBD is and then provide an answer to anyone wondering how does CBD oil make you feel?
What Is CBD Oil & How Does It Work?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a cannabinoid. Cannabinoids are compounds found in the cannabis plant. People often assume that this means that all cannabinoids will make them feel as if they’ve consumed THC, the psychoactive agent in marijuana plants, but this isn’t the case.
Cannabinoids work by influencing the body’s endocannabinoid system, which is a far-reaching system that affects nearly everything that we do. Different cannabinoids produce different effects, so you can expect that each one will make you feel a bit different.
Is CBD Oil Intoxicating?
One of the main reasons that people prefer to use CBD over THC is because CBD oil isn’t intoxicating.
CBD works by indirectly influencing the endocannabinoid system. Its effects are mostly caused by the way that it alters your body chemistry. This means that it doesn’t get you high.
How Does CBD Oil Make You Feel?
So, exactly how does CBD oil make you feel? It’s non-intoxicating, but are there any other side effects that you’ll experience when you use CBD?
The answer is… it depends. There are a number of benefits that you can experience if you use CBD. These are some of the most common ways that CBD oil can change how you feel.
Helps Relieve Muscle Pain Following Exercise
If you like to hit the gym or go for runs, then you’re probably all-too-familiar with post-workout muscle pain.
CBD oil can make you feel more relaxed after a workout. It may help to reduce muscle pain and can make it easier to enjoy the rest of your day after a vigorous exercise routine.
We recommend using CBD topical creams for this as well. Our featured company, which has won several industry awards, is Zilis Ultra Cell Topical.
Helps Promote Healthy Sleep
Since CBD can encourage relaxation, it can also help to promote healthy sleep. If you’re using CBD towards the end of the day, it may help you fall into a deep sleep more easily.
Helps Reduce Stress & Frustration
Stress and frustration are common issues in our modern world, and nobody enjoys these feelings. Fortunately, CBD can help to reduce both stress and frustration. If you’re struggling with school, work, or relationship-related stress, CBD oil can help you find peace and relaxation amidst the discomfort.
How Long Will I Feel This Way?
CBD has an elimination half-life of between 18-32 hours, which means it takes this long for half of the CBD to leave your body. However, most people report that the acute effects of CBD only last about an hour and a half.
It also depends on how you’re using the CBD.
- If you eat the CBD, the effects will last the longest. It will also take longer for the effects to kick in since the CBD has to be processed through your liver before reaching your bloodstream.
- If you smoke or vape the CBD, you will feel the effects immediately as it’s absorbed from your lungs directly into your blood. However, the CBD will also leave your body much quicker.
- If you use CBD oil and hold it under your tongue for a while, you will feel it quicker than if you eat it but slower than if you smoked it.
- If you use CBD topically in the form of lotions or salves, you will not feel any psychoactive effects but your muscles may feel more relaxed for an hour or two.
It also depends how much you use. If you’re using a very light dose of CBD, then you might not feel the effects for as long as you would if you were taking a higher dose.
Some have also found that the benefits of CBD start to stack up if you use it regularly over a period of days or weeks.
Since the elimination half-life is 18-32 hours, that means that if you take more CBD within that window of time, you’ll be increasing the total amount of CBD in your body. If you do this regularly, you might start to feel more consistent or stronger benefits.
Do Different Types of CBD Oil Make Me Feel Different?
When asking how does CBD oil make me feel, it’s important to consider what type of CBD you’re actually using. There are isolates, full- and broad-spectrum extracts, and CBD oil found in edibles. The feelings produced by each type will be somewhat different.
- Broad-spectrum CBD oil contains all the other cannabinoids and active compounds in the hemp plant, except for THC. Broad-spectrum CBD oil will provide a more ‘full’ feeling.
- Full-spectrum CBD oil contains everything that a broad-spectrum extract contains, including THC. Depending on your sensitivity, the THC can completely change the entire experience. However, generally full-spectrum extracts only contain minimal amounts of THC.
- CBD isolate is the pure, isolated CBD crystal. Many companies use CBD isolate and mix it with oil to create their CBD oils. These won’t provide you with as full of a feeling as broad or full-spectrum extracts, but you’ll still be able to enjoy the benefits of CBD.
It’s also important to consider that if you’re making edibles with CBD oil, it’ll probably take longer for you to feel the effects. This is because your body now has to separate the CBD from the rest of the food that you’re eating before it can be absorbed.
CBD is a cannabinoid that works by influencing the body’s endocannabinoid system.
CBD works indirectly, meaning that it can make people feel better without actually getting them high. It helps to encourage relaxation, promote deep sleep, and can reduce stress or frustration.
The feelings that you get from CBD will vary a bit depending on the type of CBD that you’re using and how you’re using it.